Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Vote For Andrew Cystic Fibrosis Scholarship Finalist

This is an email I received from my cousin in Georgia ... she is a teacher, and as you can tell she is very compassionate about her students .... please read Andrew's story and if you feel it in your heart vote for him ... all it takes is a click of a button ...

"Thought y'all would want to help Andrew out. For those of you who don't know, I taught Andrew in the 6th grade. He is a VERY intelligent young man. It used to bother me tremendously that Andrew was so smart, yet so sickly. I just couldn't understand why God would allow someone of such wonderful intelligence to have a dreadful disease. Well, you live and learn. Andrew has a purpose in life and it is to touch the hearts of all the people he meets. He even came back to Bainbridge and taught one year at Hutto last year. Thanks in advance for helping him out! Have a great day!"
Vicky


This is the original email she received from Andrew ...

Scholarship: Vote for Andrew Wilson!!!

On Behalf Of Andrew Wilson Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:44 A

"Greetings,I hope this message finds you all well up in Bainbridge. I have recently moved to Gainesville, FL, where I am attending the Episcopal campus ministry here at the University of Florida. I have been very involved with the campus ministry, and it is so heartening to be involved in a very energetic, optimistic, and spiritual group of young Episcopalians. I can truly feel God's presence and see his work in the lives of the students here. :) If any of you ever find yourself driving through here on a Sunday evening (or anytime) feel free to stop by! :)


I'm emailing this to you all to announce that I am a finalist for a scholarship relating to Cystic Fibrosis! As a finalist, I am one of 40 candidates for a $10,000 scholarship to be awarded in a few weeks. The sole criterion for the scholarship is to receive the most number of votes online. I would like to ask all of you to please vote for me if/when you have the opportunity. A few things to remember about the scholarship:1. One vote per day per computer (so if you've got access to multiple computers - that's multiple votes)2. The contest continues on for 30 days, so that's 30 opportunities to vote -- remember to vote often!You can read my scholarship essay and see my creative presentation online. Please follow the below link to vote for me, and please pass this on to anyone else you feel may be willing to support me. :)
http://www.solvaycaresscholarship.com/winners-profiles/andrew-w.php

I hope and pray that all is well up in Bainbridge. Even though I'm in the Diocese of Florida now, I enjoy keeping tabs on all the goings on at St. John's Bainbridge and the DoG.

Kindest regards, Andrew Wilson"

2 comments:

Boggy Creek Stitches & Loops said...

What a wonderful story and young man! I voted for him and will continue to vote for him.

Old Glory Soldiers said...

Thank you so much!! I am so blessed to be able to share his story and hope that it makes an difference for others! I have been voting for him too ... I have been impressed by all of the entries.